As of the end of 2018, there were 3.196 BILLION social media users! That’s nearly half of the planet! With that volume of users, businesses can no longer ignore the necessity and benefits of social media marketing. These numbers continue to grow exponentially each year and with the increase in users, the increase in sales via social media content marketing follows suit.
According to this Small Business Trends article, 77.6% of small businesses reported using social media to promote their businesses. So, if you’re not part of that number then it’s time for your business to work on a social media strategy.
In this article, we will highlight a few important tips to consider as well as look at surprising statistics which should encourage business owners to step up their social media strategies.
Social Media Ad Revenue Numbers That Matter! 📈
- Instagram earns $595 million in mobile ad revenue each year. And that number only keeps increasing each year! Resource: Instagram Statistic
- Facebook earned nearly $34 billion worldwide in ad revenue in 2018! Resource: Facebook Statistic
- Twitter total ad engagements were up 91% year-over-year! Resource: Twitter Statistic
What Type of Ads are Best? 🎥
Video posts on Facebook alone get 59% more engagement than any other type of post. With that kind of reach, it’s no wonder that businesses are investing more of their social marketing strategies into video ads and posts.
Live videos have become increasingly more popular and effective. Audiences love the live experience and the organic feel of “on the fly” video. Though live videos are happening ‘right now’, you still need to make a plan for your live video. You shouldn’t script it, but have key points that you want to discuss or share with your audience.
Video Ad Statistics You Can’t Ignore:
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others
- 85% of the US internet audience watches video online
- Marketers who use video, grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined (G2 Crowd)
- 93% of marketers use video in their campaigns (Single Grain)
(find more video marketing statistics like these at Resource: Video Marketing Statistic)
Now that you’ve learned how successful and important video ads are the next step is actually planning a video ad or post as part of your social media marketing strategy. But where do you start? What should you consider? Well, we’ve got some great tips for you!
Video Ad Tips:
- Most users scrolling through social media watch videos without the sound on. This means that you need to caption your video so your users can read the message that you are trying to get across.
- Your videos need to be exciting and captivating within the first few seconds to grab the attention of your audience.
- Video ads should be about 1-2 minutes if you’re telling a story. Otherwise, keep them around 10-30 seconds. In fact, many businesses use “snack ads” which are bite-size ads of about 5-10 seconds.
- If you decide to start a live video, the biggest tip to remember is to ENGAGE with your audience! When you see users joining your live feed, welcome them by name and have mini-side conversations. Get as many users involved in the conversation. Ask questions and have them comment as you’re streaming.
- Remember to keep your videos mobile-friendly as the majority of users are logged on to social media via mobile devices.
- Don’t forget to stay true to your brand! Your videos should be branded so your audience will easily identify you.
- Be authentic! Drawing inspiration from other sources is completely fine but don’t copy-cat exactly what another business is doing. Be you. Be your brand. Consumers are looking for authenticity among brands and the minute that they sense otherwise…they’re no longer paying attention to your brand.
- Stay consistent! If you begin planning a video marketing strategy, stay consistent. Try to plan your videos for the same time and day of the week. Consumers will begin looking for that consistency especially if your video marketing is top-notch!
Tips for Successful Social Media Marketing! 🎉
- Make a plan. You can simply do a google search for “Social Media Marketing Plan” and you will hit a jackpot of useful resources. Find a plan or template that best suits your business and put it into practice. Refer to it often and tweak it as needed.
- Study current trends. Social media trends and cultural trends in general change so frequently, that it’s quite the task to stay in-the-know all the time. Don’t get too overwhelmed, but watch and listen to what is happening and create posts and strategies that incorporate current trends.
- Your customer service has to be top-notch! Customers who received great customer service will spend 21% more money on that company’s products and are 71% more likely to recommend that business to others. Reply to questions and comments as swiftly as possible. Resource: Customer Service
- ENGAGE! I can’t stress enough how important it is for your customers to engage with you. I spend quite a bit of time looking through comments and messages and either responding to them or liking them and inviting people to like each business page if they haven’t yet.
- Don’t engage with negative comments or reviews, but use them with your team to get better and increase your quality as a business. Typically, people who complain are looking for an argument or handout and I have seen this escalate in many drawn-out conversations that just end up wasting time and causes frustration to everyone involved. Basically, just use good judgment if you decide to respond to a disgruntled customer.
- If you are a retail business or restaurant, run contests and post sales or any special events that you are having. Promote, promote, promote!
- Always use a photo or graphic in your posts if you’re not posting a video.
Whether you have a small business and you’re managing your social accounts yourself, or you’re part of a large corporation with a team of social media marketers, the time to amp up your social media strategy is now.
Not Sure What Your Social Marketing Needs are for Your Business? 🤔
Fuzzy Duck is here to help! We specialize in social media marketing and can help you get your business noticed on social media. Contact us today for a FREE consultation!